- 1 pound ground chicken (not lean!)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup carrots, julienne
- 1/4 cup daikon radish, julienne
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped (save for garnish)
- 2 tsp avocado or olive oil
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- 2tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 TBSP Red Boat Fish Sauce
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 2 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 6-8 Red Cabbage Leaves or Lettuce for wrapping
- Heat 2 tsp oil in large sauce pan over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion and saute until they soften, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add ground chicken and separate with spatula until fully broken up. Add grated ginger, ACV, fish sauce, coconut aminos, and lime juice. Saute chicken until fully cooked and transfer to a large bowl.
- To chicken mixture, add cilantro, mint, basil, carrots, and daikon and toss until fully combined.
- Add mixture to cabbage or lettuce wraps, top with green onion garnish and serve with a lime wedge.
Valerie Skinner is a certified healing foods chef trained at the Natural Gourmet Institute in NYC, the first culinary school dedicated to health supportive cooking to be accredited nationally. She is a Whole30 approved partner in Charleston, SC.